Newly Divorced Olivia Wilde Defends Kim Kardashian
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP1 of 19
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 19
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 19
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com4 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 19
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/StarTraks6 of 19
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/R-STEINBERG7 of 19
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/R-STEINBERG8 of 19
- Photo: WENN9 of 19
- Photo: WireImage10 of 19
- Photo: GONZALO/Bauer-Griffin11 of 19
- Photo: SAE/ZOJ/WENN12 of 19
- Photo: Amanda Leddy/Splash News13 of 19
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP/Steve Granitz/WireImage/Steve Granitz/WireImage14 of 19
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP15 of 19
- Photo: JM11/WENN16 of 19
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP/Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.17 of 19
- Photo: WENN18 of 19
Don't count Olivia Wilde among those signing a petition to boycott Kim Kardashian.
Like Kardashian, the "In Time" actress, 27, made divorce headlines in 2011. Early in October, Wilde and Italian prince Tao Ruspoli finalized their divorce after eight years of marriage (they separated in February). On Oct. 31, of course, Kardashian, 31, filed for divorce after 72 days of matrimony with Kris Humphries.
"I empathize. It's not easy," Wilde told the New York Post of the reality star's romantic drama at a Tuesday bash in Manhattan.
Indeed, pals told Us Weekly that Kardashian "thinks the world turned against her" in the wake of her quickie split from Humphries, 26. "She feels everyone hates her."
Not Wilde. "[Divorce] is the hardest thing in the world," said the star, who eloped with Ruspoli when she was just 19. (Similarly, Kardashian was also 19 when she married music producer Damon Thomas.)
"People judge you because divorce is seen as failure. [Kim] took a risk. No one should be attacking her," Wilde said. "Our attention should be focused on things that are truly scandalous."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Wonderwall.com goes behind the scenes at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Stars chat with Wonderwall.com on the red carpet at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »