Newly Divorced Olivia Wilde Defends Kim Kardashian
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP1 of 20
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 20
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 20
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com4 of 20
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 20
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/StarTraks6 of 20
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/R-STEINBERG7 of 20
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/R-STEINBERG8 of 20
- Photo: WENN9 of 20
- Photo: WireImage10 of 20
- Photo: GONZALO/Bauer-Griffin11 of 20
- Photo: SAE/ZOJ/WENN12 of 20
- Photo: Amanda Leddy/Splash News13 of 20
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP/Steve Granitz/WireImage/Steve Granitz/WireImage14 of 20
- Photo: Invision/AP15 of 20
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP16 of 20
- Photo: JM11/WENN17 of 20
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP/Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.18 of 20
- Photo: WENN19 of 20
Don't count Olivia Wilde among those signing a petition to boycott Kim Kardashian.
Like Kardashian, the "In Time" actress, 27, made divorce headlines in 2011. Early in October, Wilde and Italian prince Tao Ruspoli finalized their divorce after eight years of marriage (they separated in February). On Oct. 31, of course, Kardashian, 31, filed for divorce after 72 days of matrimony with Kris Humphries.
"I empathize. It's not easy," Wilde told the New York Post of the reality star's romantic drama at a Tuesday bash in Manhattan.
Indeed, pals told Us Weekly that Kardashian "thinks the world turned against her" in the wake of her quickie split from Humphries, 26. "She feels everyone hates her."
Not Wilde. "[Divorce] is the hardest thing in the world," said the star, who eloped with Ruspoli when she was just 19. (Similarly, Kardashian was also 19 when she married music producer Damon Thomas.)
"People judge you because divorce is seen as failure. [Kim] took a risk. No one should be attacking her," Wilde said. "Our attention should be focused on things that are truly scandalous."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Bye Bye Zayn
Get the scoop on 1D's huge, heartbreaking news on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Mandy Moore does cryo therapy, plus more stars' bizarre health and beauty practices on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
OMG Celeb Fashion
Check out Jennifer Lawrence, January Jones, and Miley Cyrus' style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion.Watch Video »
Naomi Watts dishes on the secret to staying in touch with her inner child and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
See Kim, Jared, and more celebs who have a new look for spring on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out Reese Witherspoon's, Demi Lovato's and more stars' weekend workouts on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »