Newly Divorced Olivia Wilde Defends Kim Kardashian
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP1 of 20
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 20
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 20
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com4 of 20
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 20
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/StarTraks6 of 20
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/R-STEINBERG7 of 20
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/R-STEINBERG8 of 20
- Photo: WENN9 of 20
- Photo: WireImage10 of 20
- Photo: GONZALO/Bauer-Griffin11 of 20
- Photo: SAE/ZOJ/WENN12 of 20
- Photo: Amanda Leddy/Splash News13 of 20
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP/Steve Granitz/WireImage/Steve Granitz/WireImage14 of 20
- Photo: Invision/AP15 of 20
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP16 of 20
- Photo: JM11/WENN17 of 20
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP/Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.18 of 20
- Photo: WENN19 of 20
Don't count Olivia Wilde among those signing a petition to boycott Kim Kardashian.
Like Kardashian, the "In Time" actress, 27, made divorce headlines in 2011. Early in October, Wilde and Italian prince Tao Ruspoli finalized their divorce after eight years of marriage (they separated in February). On Oct. 31, of course, Kardashian, 31, filed for divorce after 72 days of matrimony with Kris Humphries.
"I empathize. It's not easy," Wilde told the New York Post of the reality star's romantic drama at a Tuesday bash in Manhattan.
Indeed, pals told Us Weekly that Kardashian "thinks the world turned against her" in the wake of her quickie split from Humphries, 26. "She feels everyone hates her."
Not Wilde. "[Divorce] is the hardest thing in the world," said the star, who eloped with Ruspoli when she was just 19. (Similarly, Kardashian was also 19 when she married music producer Damon Thomas.)
"People judge you because divorce is seen as failure. [Kim] took a risk. No one should be attacking her," Wilde said. "Our attention should be focused on things that are truly scandalous."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From Taylor Swift and Harry Styles to Demi Lovato and Wilmer Valderrama; check out the celebrity couples making news this week on Replay.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian and North do their best "paparazzi face" on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Renee Zellweger to Mary-Kate Olsen, see more celebs who look much different than before.Watch Video »
Reese Witherspoon goes "Wild" on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Keira Knightley, Lindsay Lohan, and Evangeline Lilly all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get a front row view to "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1" premiere in Los Angeles.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Video
From Crowd Ignite