Nicole Kidman says off-screen privacy is key
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP1 of 15
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 15
- Photo: VPB/WENN3 of 15
- Photo: Universal Pictures/Promotional4 of 15
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP5 of 15
- Photo: Jacques Brinon/Invision/AP6 of 15
- Photo: RD/ Leon/Retna Digital7 of 15
- Photo: Paul Smith/Featureflash/Retna Ltd.8 of 15
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage9 of 15
- Photo: WENN10 of 15
- Photo: KRIEGER/Bauer-Griffin11 of 15
- Photo: S. Granitz/WireImage12 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com13 of 15
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com14 of 15
PASADENA, Calif. (AP) -- Nicole Kidman and Clive Owen play writers Martha Gellhorn and Ernest Hemingway in a new HBO film, but they'd prefer to keep their own lives off-screen.
At a news conference Friday promoting "Hemingway & Gellhorn," Kidman said she likes her privacy and protects it "quite diligently." She and husband Keith Urban live in Nashville, Tenn., with their two daughters.
Kidman's British co-star shares her viewpoint. Of a Clive Owen biopic, he said, "I wouldn't want to see it."
"Hemingway & Gellhorn" is set to air in May. It's about the passionate, short-lived relationship of Gellhorn, a daring war correspondent, and the great novelist.
Kidman says she enjoys portraying inspirational women "who defy the odds and that burn bright," as Gellhorn did.
Single & Fabulous
Check out Kourtney Kardashian's fabulous life on social media in the wake of her breakup from Scott Disick on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Jennifer Lopez's best ab moments!Watch Video »
From Nicole Richie to Miley Cyrus, check out these embarrassing celebrity bikini malfunctions!Watch Video »
Tom Cruise chats "Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation" with Wonderwall.com.Watch Video »
Check out Instagram newcomer Rachel Bilson's best posts thus far on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
DIY Celeb Makeup
We show you how to get Taylor Swift's blue eye shadow look on "DIY Celeb Makeup."Watch Video »