Nicole Kidman says off-screen privacy is key
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP1 of 15
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 15
- Photo: VPB/WENN3 of 15
- Photo: Universal Pictures/Promotional4 of 15
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP5 of 15
- Photo: Jacques Brinon/Invision/AP6 of 15
- Photo: RD/ Leon/Retna Digital7 of 15
- Photo: Paul Smith/Featureflash/Retna Ltd.8 of 15
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage9 of 15
- Photo: WENN10 of 15
- Photo: KRIEGER/Bauer-Griffin11 of 15
- Photo: S. Granitz/WireImage12 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com13 of 15
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com14 of 15
PASADENA, Calif. (AP) -- Nicole Kidman and Clive Owen play writers Martha Gellhorn and Ernest Hemingway in a new HBO film, but they'd prefer to keep their own lives off-screen.
At a news conference Friday promoting "Hemingway & Gellhorn," Kidman said she likes her privacy and protects it "quite diligently." She and husband Keith Urban live in Nashville, Tenn., with their two daughters.
Kidman's British co-star shares her viewpoint. Of a Clive Owen biopic, he said, "I wouldn't want to see it."
"Hemingway & Gellhorn" is set to air in May. It's about the passionate, short-lived relationship of Gellhorn, a daring war correspondent, and the great novelist.
Kidman says she enjoys portraying inspirational women "who defy the odds and that burn bright," as Gellhorn did.
Wonderwall.com goes behind the scenes at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Stars chat with Wonderwall.com on the red carpet at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »