Nicole Kidman says off-screen privacy is key
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP1 of 15
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 15
- Photo: VPB/WENN3 of 15
- Photo: Universal Pictures/Promotional4 of 15
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP5 of 15
- Photo: Jacques Brinon/Invision/AP6 of 15
- Photo: RD/ Leon/Retna Digital7 of 15
- Photo: Paul Smith/Featureflash/Retna Ltd.8 of 15
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage9 of 15
- Photo: WENN10 of 15
- Photo: KRIEGER/Bauer-Griffin11 of 15
- Photo: S. Granitz/WireImage12 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com13 of 15
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com14 of 15
PASADENA, Calif. (AP) -- Nicole Kidman and Clive Owen play writers Martha Gellhorn and Ernest Hemingway in a new HBO film, but they'd prefer to keep their own lives off-screen.
At a news conference Friday promoting "Hemingway & Gellhorn," Kidman said she likes her privacy and protects it "quite diligently." She and husband Keith Urban live in Nashville, Tenn., with their two daughters.
Kidman's British co-star shares her viewpoint. Of a Clive Owen biopic, he said, "I wouldn't want to see it."
"Hemingway & Gellhorn" is set to air in May. It's about the passionate, short-lived relationship of Gellhorn, a daring war correspondent, and the great novelist.
Kidman says she enjoys portraying inspirational women "who defy the odds and that burn bright," as Gellhorn did.
From Nicole Richie to Miley Cyrus, check out these embarrassing celebrity bikini malfunctions!Watch Video »
Kristen Stewart, Keira Knightley, and Christina Hendricks all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out all about Taylor Swift's cute date night and more on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
David Beckham takes off his shirt for his fans at an LA Galaxy game.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See the latest celeb wardrobe malfunctions.Watch Video »