Nikki Reed, Paul McDonald split after two years of marriage
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN1 of 12
- Photo: Michael Mendoza/Rony's Photobooth/.2 of 12
- Photo: Shelby Case/.3 of 12
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage4 of 12
- Photo: DCAP/GSI5 of 12
- Photo: MICHAEL SIMON/StarTraks6 of 12
- Photo: Ryan/WENN7 of 12
- Photo: Retna Ltd.8 of 12
- Photo: Ray Tang/Rex USA9 of 12
- Photo: John Sciulli/Getty Images North America10 of 12
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/Invision/AP11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
It's over. Nikki Reed and Paul McDonald have split, her rep confirms to Us Weekly. The married couple of nearly three years have decided to go their separate ways, but are ending their relationship on good terms, even going forward with a planned musical collaboration.
"After much consideration, Nikki Reed and Paul McDonald are ending their marriage. They have been living separately for the past six months due to work obligations," a rep for the actress tells Us.
"They will continue to share their love of music, and are still working on their debut album, 'I'm Not Falling,' releasing in 2014," the statement continues. "They remain best friends and look forward to their continued journey together."
The "Twilight" alum, 25, seemed optimistic about her marriage speaking to Us just two days before the couple's split announcement. "We don't have rules, but I think it's just important to focus on what you love," Reed said of keeping the romance alive at LeSport Sac's 40th anniversary event in NYC on March 27.
"We love just hanging out," she said of their downtime. "He's my best friend in the world and I love him so much." When asked if they were planning to start a family soon, she replied: "Not currently."
After seven months of dating, Reed and McDonald, 29, said "I do" at a private ranch in Malibu, Calif., back in October 2011. "We couldn't be happier!" Reed told Us exclusively at the time. "[We were] surrounded by our family and friends. We're so glad this day has come!"
The couple first met at the March 2011 premiere of "Little Red Riding Hood" in L.A. while McDonald was currently a contestant on Season 10 of American Idol. One month later, the singer moved into Reed's L.A. home.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWedding Pics
From Crowd Ignite