Officials investigating mold in Murphy case
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: DH1/WENN2 of 6
- Photo: Dimitri Halkidis/WENN3 of 6
- Photo: Jody Cortes/WENN4 of 6
- Photo: Dimitri Halkidis/WENN5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Health officials are investigating the deaths of Brittany Murphy and Simon Monjack over claims mold in their marital home may have contributed to the couple's demise.
Authorities at California's Department of Public Health are inspecting the Hollywood Hills mansion the pair shared before tragically dying within five months of each other.
The "Clueless" star's mother Sharon, who also lived at the property, is believed to have refused the Los Angeles County Coroner entrance to the house to investigate mold while looking into Murphy's death in December 2009.
But Sharon has now agreed to a survey by public health officers following Monjack's shock passing in May 2010, reports TMZ.com.
The couple, who married in 2007, both had pneumonia and anemia listed as causes of death in their respective coroner's reports. It is alleged that the mold could have affected their respiratory health.
RELATED: Brittany's mom speaks out
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStork Report
From Crowd Ignite