Olivia Wilde tells how she knew her marriage was over
- Photo: RWO/WENN1 of 13
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com2 of 13
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks3 of 13
- Photo: © Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.4 of 13
- Photo: ADAM NEMSER/StarTraks5 of 13
- Photo: ADAM NEMSER/StarTraks6 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 13
- Photo: Hector Vallenilla/PacificCoastNews.com8 of 13
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage9 of 13
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage10 of 13
- Photo: Premiere/RR//Fame Flynet11 of 13
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Actress Olivia Wilde says she knew her marriage was over the day she and her now-ex-husband completed renovations on their new house, because it didn't feel like home for her.
RELATED: Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis' PDA
The "Tron: Legacy" star ended her eight-year marriage to Italian prince Tao Ruspoli last year.
In a frank TV chat on "The Conversation With Amanda de Cadenet," which aired on Thursday, May 31, the pretty star said, "We'd just finished a huge renovation on the house. ... We built a new house and it was perfect. ... The day it was finished is when I knew it wasn't the house. I think that I finally started being really honest with myself and that was the scariest thing to do. (I said), I am the luckiest person on Earth: There is this extraordinary person who is my partner in life, everything seems perfect, why aren't I happy?'
RELATED: Strange Celeb Health Habits
I kept trying to do different things, change different things to make everyone happy, and I moved houses ... I changed all the outside stuff ... I thought, 'It's the house. It's wrong for us and it's making us something we're not and we've lost something'; and I thought, 'It's the environment. ... We need nature'; ... I kept thinking, 'We need grass.' We get the house, get the grass -- it's still not working, so I think, 'We've got to renovate the whole thing,' and I would literally walk into the room of a house that I bought because I loved ... and I'd say, 'I'm being decapitated; the house is decapitating me,' and he would say, 'OK, we'll bust up the ceilings.' He was really trying to accommodate all these requests."
RELATED: Hollywood's Greatest Girlfriends
Wilde admits she still has regrets about ending her marriage: "You don't want to break up with someone, you don't want to end a marriage, especially if you really like the person. You just know that something's off and so you try to change everything else. The day I knew I had to ask for a divorce was the worst day of my life. ... I had no idea how to be alone."
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite