Olivier Martinez Finally Confirms Halle Berry Engagement
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Craig Barritt/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Chris Weeks/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: StarFeine.com/Splash News4 of 16
- Photo: © RD/ Kabik//Retna Digital5 of 16
- Photo: Splash News6 of 16
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: MAP/Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: MAP/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: OPA/ZOJ/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Scott Kirkland/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP15 of 16
As Us Weekly exclusively reported in January, Halle Berry got engaged to Olivier Martinez over the holidays, but neither star has talked about their happy news -- until now.
At the opening of his restaurant Villa Azur in Miami Saturday, Martinez, 46, confirmed his engagement to Miami.com: "Yes, of course we're engaged!"
Berry, 45, first met French actor Martinez while working on the film "Dark Tide"; they stepped out as a couple in the fall of 2010.
Martinez also addressed rumors surrounding Berry's engagement ring. "There is a jeweler taking credit for doing the ring and it's a lie!" he said. "They have nothing to do with this."
The bauble was actually designed by Robert Mazlo, a jeweler from Martinez's Saint-Germain-des-Pres neighborhood in Paris. According to the actor-turned-restaurateur, Mazlo is "a real artist" whose family has been designing jewelry for "kings and queens for many centuries."
Berry, who has a 3-year-old daughter, Nahla, with ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry, has been married twice before. She wed former baseball player David Justice in 1993 and divorced four years later. She then married R&B singer Eric Benet in 2001, only to separate in 2003 and finalize their divorce in 2005. Martinez dated Kylie Minogue for several years before splitting in 2007.
A source previously told Us Berry "had given up on being married, but she trusts Olivier. He makes her feel safe. He's a keeper!"
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Diane Kruger, Margot Robbie, and Lindsay Lohan all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out "Teen Mom" star, Farrah Abraham's, transformation!Watch Video »
Check out Taylor Swift's A-list ladies night out with BFFs Karlie Kloss, Ellie Goulding, Cara Delevingne and more on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Keri Russell's sexy wardrobe!Watch Video »
Take a look back at the Kardashians' makeup-free selfies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kelly Osbourne and more stars chat Oscar style, their favorite fashionistas, Hollywood power couples and more!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTplane crash
From Crowd Ignite