Orlando Bloom: Three-Story Fall Changed My Life
- Photo: Homero Tercero/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: TitoMedia.com.au/Splash News2 of 16
- Photo: J.Sciulli/WireImage.com3 of 16
- Photo: Splash News4 of 16
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage.com5 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: David G. Morgan/Bauer-Griffin7 of 16
- Photo: Gardiner Anderson/Bauer-Griffin8 of 16
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin9 of 16
- Photo: Cristina Guler/Bauer-Griffin10 of 16
- Photo: Luca Sgro/Bauer-Griffin11 of 16
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin12 of 16
- Photo: WENN13 of 16
- Photo: WENN14 of 16
- Photo: WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Thirteen years ago, Orlando Bloom nearly lost his life -- and his career.
While trying to climb a rooftop terrace with friends, the then 21-year-old fell three stories when the drainpipe he was scaling collapsed. Breaking several vertebrae in his back, Bloom was paralyzed for four days.
"I'm grateful for it," Bloom, now 34, tells the October issue of Men's Health. Following multiple surgeries and 18 months of rehab, Bloom was able to resume his acting career, beginning with 2001's The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.
"I'm always working on my back," the British star says. "It hasn't prevented me from doing anything. But it's a constant reminder."
In fact, the accident helped the actor -- married to supermodel Miranda Kerr -- gain a new lease on life.
"Fear is not a friend of mine. But it's something to have a healthy awareness of," he tells Men's Health. "[But] I can't stop living. It would ruin my creativity, the person I am."
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite