Patton Oswalt says love scene with Charlize Theron was 'nightmare'
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Sara Jaye Weiss/StarTraks2 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: Pacific Coast News5 of 16
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks6 of 16
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: RWO/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com9 of 16
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com10 of 16
- Photo: RICHARD YOUNG/StarTraks11 of 16
- Photo: Annie Leibovitz/Vogue12 of 16
- Photo: Annie Leibovitz/Vogue13 of 16
- Photo: Annie Leibovitz/Vogue14 of 16
- Photo: AKM IMAGES/Splash News15 of 16
NEW YORK (AP) -- Shooting a love scene with Charlize Theron would be a dream come true for many actors, but for Patton Oswalt, who co-stars with the Oscar-winning actress in the new movie "Young Adult," the experience was "a nightmare."
"Why do I have to be in my underwear next to the most physically perfect person on the planet? Why couldn't I have been next to John Goodman or Michael Moore in their underwear?" said Oswalt at the film's premiere Thursday night. "It was a dream that turned into a nightmare."
The dramedy, which opened in select cities Friday, stars Theron as Mavis Gary, a boozing, delusional author of young-adult novels who returns to her hometown to win back her happily married high-school sweetheart, played by Patrick Wilson.
Mavis forms an unlikely bond with nerdy former classmate Matt Freehauf, played by Oswalt.
Oswalt said he kept a souvenir from his time on the set with Theron — post-traumatic stress disorder.
"Every time I hear a car backfire, I think I'm getting naked again," he joked.
The film, directed by Jason Reitman and written by Diablo Cody, goes into wide release on Dec. 16.
Nicole Evatt covers entertainment for The Associated Press. Follow her on Twitter at http://twitter.com/NicoleEvatt
Mandy Moore does cryo therapy, plus more stars' bizarre health and beauty practices on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
OMG Celeb Fashion
Check out Jennifer Lawrence, January Jones, and Miley Cyrus' style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion.Watch Video »
DIY Celeb Makeup
Tune into our first episode of "DIY Celeb Makeup" as we show you how to recreate Blake Lively's peachy glow.Watch Video »
See what kinds of sweet rides Justin Bieber and more celebs tool around town in.Watch Video »
Watch this exclusive sneak peek from Monday's Sept. 10 episode on the Syfy channel at 10 PM.Watch Video »
Christina Aguilera chats with Lance Bass about performing at the AMAs, her new album and a lot more.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite