Oxfam accepts Scarlett Johansson's resignation
- Photo: Domenico Stinellis/Invision/AP1 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA2 of 17
- Photo: Alessandra Tarantino/Invision/AP3 of 17
- Photo: Steve Vas/Future Image/WENN4 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: GIA/WENN7 of 17
- Photo: FMB/WENN8 of 17
- Photo: Getty Images North America9 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 17
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/Invision/AP11 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage12 of 17
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage13 of 17
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage14 of 17
- Photo: Jackson Lee/NPG15 of 17
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Getty Images North America16 of 17
LONDON (AP) — Oxfam International says American actress Scarlett Johansson's support of an Israeli company operating in the West Bank was incompatible with her role as an Oxfam Global Ambassador.
RELATED: ScarJo defends SodaStream
Oxfam's statement followed Johansson's announcement Wednesday that she was resigning her Oxfam role because of a "fundamental difference of opinion." Oxfam says it accepted her resignation.
RELATED: More celebs with famous pouts
The international humanitarian organization said Thursday that it believes SodaStream and other businesses operating on the West Bank contribute to the "denial of rights of the Palestinian communities that we work to support."
RELATED: Wedding bells for 2014
The charity says it opposes all trade from the Israeli settlements "which are illegal under international law."
Johansson is to appear in a SodaStream ad during the Super Bowl.
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTParis Fashion
From Crowd Ignite