Philip Seymour Hoffman leaves entire estate to Mimi O'Donnell, has rules for son
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage1 of 19
- Photo: JAVIER MATEO/StarTraks2 of 19
- Photo: CHRIS CARLSON/AP3 of 19
- Photo: Javier Mateo/StarTraks4 of 19
- Photo: Victoria Will/Invision/AP5 of 19
- Photo: gwynethpaltrow/Instagram6 of 19
- Photo: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer/Getty Images North America7 of 19
- Photo: REX/Snap Stills/.8 of 19
- Photo: REX Features/Wonderwall9 of 19
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN10 of 19
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP11 of 19
- Photo: JM11/WENN12 of 19
- Photo: SS2/WENN13 of 19
- Photo: DM1/WENN14 of 19
- Photo: Gregory Pace/BEImages/Rex USA15 of 19
- Photo: MATT BARON /BEImages/Rex USA16 of 19
- Photo: CHARBONNEAU /BEImages/Rex USA17 of 19
- Photo: Alex J. Berliner/BEImages/Rex USA18 of 19
Keeping it in the family. Philip Seymour Hoffman has left his entire estate to his estranged partner Mimi O'Donnell, TMZ reports. The late Capote actor wrote his will back in 2004, and also left strict instructions about his son Cooper.
According to the site, Hoffman's will asks for his 10-year-old son to be raised in Manhattan so he could experience the culture, arts, and architecture that the city provides. (Downtown Manhattan is where the family resided at the time of the star's tragic death; Hoffman lived separately at the time in a Greenwich Village apartment.) If the request can not be met, Hoffman wants his only boy to either live in Chicago or San Francisco. If the two cities don't become his home, he hopes Cooper visits them at least twice a year. Possibly living in Hollywood, a location Hoffman often visited, was not mentioned.
Hoffman and Cooper were close, and the Oscar winner often sat courtside at Cooper's basketball games. "My spare time is really about hanging out with my kids," Hoffman previously told Us. "If I'm free, a good chunk of that is going to be thinking about how to hang out with them."
Hoffman was found dead at the age of 46 in his New York apartment on Feb. 2 of an apparent heroin overdose. Some of his famous friends like Michelle Williams, Joaquin Phoenix, Amy Adams, Justin Theroux, and many more attended his private funeral on the Upper East Side in New York on Feb. 6.
Hoffman and costume designer O'Donnell are also parents to daughters Tallulah, 7, and Willa, 5.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Fall's Best Looks
New fashion trends are here! Take a look at celebrities rocking fall's best looks so far.Watch Video »
Real 'RHOC' Dish
"Real Housewives of OC" star Shannon Beador dishes about her family, her relationship with Vicki Gunvalson and what to expect from the reunion!Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Miranda Lambert meets Honey Boo Boo and takes to social media to share photos of their encounter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Royal Beach Bods
Check out the hottest royals enjoying their beach vacations.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »