Queen Latifah Reveals Plans to Adopt
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 13
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: JLN Photography/WENN3 of 13
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage4 of 13
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com5 of 13
- Photo: WENN6 of 13
- Photo: Splash News7 of 13
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP8 of 13
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP9 of 13
- Photo: Jeff Kravitz/GettyImages.com10 of 13
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com11 of 13
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP12 of 13
Queen Latifah said during an appearance Wednesday on ABC's "The View" that she is working on adopting a child.
When asked by co-host Barbara Walters whether she had seriously considered adoption, the singer-rapper-actress replied, "I'm actually kind of working on that."
When pressed further about her plans, the "Joyful Noise" star said, "I think I saw one of those specials ... you know, those movies of the week. And it was like -- and I just always wanted to bring a child home." She added that it wouldn't really matter where the child came from.
When Barbara asked, "So are you really seriously planning on adopting?" Queen Latifah responded, "I'm totally serious, so if you got a kid that you don't ... Just give me a year -- let me set up camp and send me the kid. But no, no, totally."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
No More Kids!
Gwen Stefani chats completing her family with son Apollo, life's biggest surprises, scary fashion mishaps and more!Watch Video »
Who's That Girl?
Get the scoop on everything you need to know about Gigi Hadid on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Demi Lovato snuggles with Wilmer Valderrama on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Backstreet Boys chat about their raw documentary and if band life is as fun now as it was in the '90s.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the mother-daughter duo on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Eddie Is Red Hot
Here are 5 things you may not know about Eddie Redmayne.Watch Video »