Reese Witherspoon Hit by Car While Jogging
- Photo: Splash News1 of 16
- Photo: Bruja/PacificCoastNews.com2 of 16
- Photo: T-rex/Splash News3 of 16
- Photo: WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Tesh/Marie Claire6 of 16
- Photo: Tesh/Marie Claire7 of 16
- Photo: Tesh/Marie Claire8 of 16
- Photo: Tesh/Marie Claire9 of 16
- Photo: Tesh/Marie Claire10 of 16
- Photo: Seventeen11 of 16
- Photo: MWB/BSB/ZOJ/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: Pacific Coast News14 of 16
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN15 of 16
Reese Witherspoon is nursing a quarter-sized gash on her forehead after being hit by a car in Santa Monica, Calif., during a late Wednesday morning jog.
The Oscar-winning actress and avid runner, 35, was struck at an unmarked crosswalk at the intersection of 20th street and Georgina Avenue. The "Walk the Line" star "suffered minor injuries," according to the police report, and was transported to a local hospital for treatment.
A witness at the accident site tells Us Weekly: "The driver seemed to have not seen her because of a large tree at the intersection. ... [Reese] was lucky, because it could have been much more serious."
The driver, an 84-year-old woman who lives in Santa Monica, was cited for failing to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk.
Witherspoon was released from the hospital by Wednesday afternoon, and is recovering at the Brentwood-area home in Los Angeles she shares with husband Jim Toth and her kids Ava, 11, and Deacon, 7.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Wonderwall.com goes behind the scenes at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Stars chat with Wonderwall.com on the red carpet at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »