Reese Witherspoon Hit by Car While Jogging
- Photo: Splash News1 of 16
- Photo: Bruja/PacificCoastNews.com2 of 16
- Photo: T-rex/Splash News3 of 16
- Photo: WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Tesh/Marie Claire6 of 16
- Photo: Tesh/Marie Claire7 of 16
- Photo: Tesh/Marie Claire8 of 16
- Photo: Tesh/Marie Claire9 of 16
- Photo: Tesh/Marie Claire10 of 16
- Photo: Seventeen11 of 16
- Photo: MWB/BSB/ZOJ/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: Pacific Coast News14 of 16
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN15 of 16
Reese Witherspoon is nursing a quarter-sized gash on her forehead after being hit by a car in Santa Monica, Calif., during a late Wednesday morning jog.
The Oscar-winning actress and avid runner, 35, was struck at an unmarked crosswalk at the intersection of 20th street and Georgina Avenue. The "Walk the Line" star "suffered minor injuries," according to the police report, and was transported to a local hospital for treatment.
A witness at the accident site tells Us Weekly: "The driver seemed to have not seen her because of a large tree at the intersection. ... [Reese] was lucky, because it could have been much more serious."
The driver, an 84-year-old woman who lives in Santa Monica, was cited for failing to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk.
Witherspoon was released from the hospital by Wednesday afternoon, and is recovering at the Brentwood-area home in Los Angeles she shares with husband Jim Toth and her kids Ava, 11, and Deacon, 7.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
From Courteney Cox to Elle Macpherson, see which celebs over 45 have the hottest bikini bods.Watch Video »
In case you missed it, here's everything you need to know about Princess Charlotte in two minutes.Watch Video »
Check out Elizabeth Banks, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Mariah Carey's style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift and her brother celebrate Easter with an epic egg hunt on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Mandy & Minka
From girls’ nights out to working out, see how Minka Kelly is helping Mandy Moore cope post-breakup!Watch Video »