Reese Witherspoon Not Pressing Charges Against Driver
- Photo: Splash News1 of 16
- Photo: Tesh/Marie Claire2 of 16
- Photo: Tesh/Marie Claire3 of 16
- Photo: Tesh/Marie Claire4 of 16
- Photo: Tesh/Marie Claire5 of 16
- Photo: Tesh/Marie Claire6 of 16
- Photo: Bruja/PacificCoastNews.com7 of 16
- Photo: T-rex/Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: Seventeen9 of 16
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: WENN11 of 16
- Photo: MWB/BSB/ZOJ/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: Pacific Coast News14 of 16
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN15 of 16
Looks like Reese Witherspoon won't be pulling an Elle Woods.
A source tells Us Weekly that the actress, 35, is not planning to press charges against the 84-year-old woman who struck her with her car in Santa Monica, Calif., on Wednesday. (Witherspoon was jogging when the unnamed woman failed to yield to a pedestrian at a crosswalk.)
Witherspoon's rep told Us the "Legally Blonde" star was "not seriously injured and is resting comfortably at home."
A source adds: "The incident is being treated as an accident. The driver was not given an alcohol test at the accident scene, and typically she would receive a fine and a point on her driving license as it is considered a moving violation."
Fortunately, Witherspoon sustained only a cut on her forehead. The Oscar-winner's injuries are not expected to affect her upcoming projects, which include "This Means War" with Tom Hardy and "Mud" with Matthew McConaughey.
Take a look back at six times Kylie Jenner wore the exact same outfit as big sis Kim Kardashian West.Watch Video »
Meet The Rock's, the Beckhams' and Demi Lovato's new puppies on this week's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out six Emmy nominees' high school yearbook photos. Can you identity these pre-fame teens?Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Perry in Peru
Check out Katy Perry's best posts from Peru during the South American leg of her Prismatic World Tour on this week's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »