Reese Witherspoon Not Pressing Charges Against Driver
- Photo: Splash News1 of 16
- Photo: Tesh/Marie Claire2 of 16
- Photo: Tesh/Marie Claire3 of 16
- Photo: Tesh/Marie Claire4 of 16
- Photo: Tesh/Marie Claire5 of 16
- Photo: Tesh/Marie Claire6 of 16
- Photo: Bruja/PacificCoastNews.com7 of 16
- Photo: T-rex/Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: Seventeen9 of 16
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: WENN11 of 16
- Photo: MWB/BSB/ZOJ/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: Pacific Coast News14 of 16
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN15 of 16
Looks like Reese Witherspoon won't be pulling an Elle Woods.
A source tells Us Weekly that the actress, 35, is not planning to press charges against the 84-year-old woman who struck her with her car in Santa Monica, Calif., on Wednesday. (Witherspoon was jogging when the unnamed woman failed to yield to a pedestrian at a crosswalk.)
Witherspoon's rep told Us the "Legally Blonde" star was "not seriously injured and is resting comfortably at home."
A source adds: "The incident is being treated as an accident. The driver was not given an alcohol test at the accident scene, and typically she would receive a fine and a point on her driving license as it is considered a moving violation."
Fortunately, Witherspoon sustained only a cut on her forehead. The Oscar-winner's injuries are not expected to affect her upcoming projects, which include "This Means War" with Tom Hardy and "Mud" with Matthew McConaughey.
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »