Reese Witherspoon, Ryan Phillippe bring significant others to son's game
- Photo: POER SPOT/GSI1 of 13
- Photo: Fame Flynet2 of 13
- Photo: Fame Flynet3 of 13
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 13
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage5 of 13
- Photo: Pablo/Stoianov/Fame Flynet6 of 13
- Photo: FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Wonderwall7 of 13
- Photo: Splash News8 of 13
- Photo: Danny/WENN9 of 13
- Photo: Jen Lowery/Corbis10 of 13
- Photo: Pablo/Goodwin/Fame Flynet11 of 13
- Photo: Kirkland/Retna Digital12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
By Us Weekly
One big happy family? Reese Witherspoon and ex-husband Ryan Phillippe reunited at their son Deacon's football game on Saturday, May 18, in Brentwood, Calif. -- but they weren't alone on the sidelines. Witherspoon, 37, was accompanied by CAA agent hubby Jim Toth, while Phillippe, 38, brought on-again girlfriend Paulina Slagter.
Things could have been awkward among the unlikely foursome, but they appeared to make the best of the afternoon together. Both couples stood clustered in a group near the field, cheering on 9-year-old Deacon and his team. Phillippe's ex was even spotted chatting and laughing with his new love, who looked effortlessly cool in black skinny jeans, a T-shirt, and Converse sneakers.
Witherspoon, for her part, was dressed for the occasion in cropped blue jeans, a pink top, and a brown jacket. Her back-to-blonde locks were hidden under a straw hat, and she carried a simple canvas tote bag on her shoulder. At one point, she and Toth separated from Phillippe and Slagter to take a seat in the grass near other spectators.
The "Mud" actress and her ex, whom she met while filming "Cruel Intentions" in the 1990s, married in 1999 and divorced seven years later in 2006. In addition to Deacon, they share daughter Ava, 13. (Witherspoon also has a nearly 8-month-old son, Tennessee, with Toth; Phillippe is dad to 21-month-old Kailani with ex-girlfriend Alexis Knapp.)
In April, after Witherspoon's and Toth's arrests in Atlanta, Ga., the couple's kids stayed with their dad in L.A. while their mom dealt with the fallout from her run-in with the law. A source told Us Weekly at the time that Phillippe was unfazed by the incident and cared only that it didn't hurt their children. "Ryan doesn't care what she does," the insider explained. "It's about the kids."
Indeed, the "Straight A's" actor couldn't help but brag a little about his children when Us caught up with him a recent party. "At 13 and 9," he said proudly, "it's pretty much all milestones."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStunning Shots
From Crowd Ignite