Jeremy Renner fears 'Bourne' role will wreck his life
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP1 of 11
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP2 of 11
- Photo: MARK J. TERRILL/Invision/AP3 of 11
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News5 of 11
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: WENN7 of 11
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP8 of 11
- Photo: ISAAC BREKKEN/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Allan Bregg/Splash News10 of 11
"The Hurt Locker" star has landed the lead role in upcoming blockbuster "The Bourne Legacy," the first film in the franchise not to star Damon, and Renner admits he had many sober talks with his agent before he committed to the role, because he realized his simple life would be changed forever on opening weekend.
Renner tells Entertainment Weekly, "This offer wasn't about a movie, this was about a life choice.
"In (new movie) Mission (Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol), it's a Tom Cruise movie. (Superhero film) The Avengers is ensemble-y, but it's (Bourne) is a game changer.
"I thought, 'This is going to affect how I walk down the street. It's going to affect what happens when I go into a restaurant.' I can't even believe I'm saying this, but is this going to affect the next 20 years of my life?
"As an artist, am I putting a nail in the coffin of my artistic sensibility?"
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »