Rep: Melanie Griffith had skin cancer surgery
- Photo: The Canadian Press, Jonathan Hayward/Invision/AP1 of 12
- Photo: London Entertainment/Splash News2 of 12
- Photo: London Entertainment/Splash/Splash News3 of 12
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN4 of 12
- Photo: Owen Beiny/WENN5 of 12
- Photo: Invision/AP6 of 12
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP7 of 12
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/Invision/AP8 of 12
- Photo: Manuel Salazar/Invision/AP9 of 12
- Photo: WENN10 of 12
- Photo: WENN11 of 12
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- A representative for Melanie Griffith says the actress has had surgery to remove early stages of skin cancer from her face.
Spokeswoman Robin Baum said Thursday the procedure was done early enough to prevent further complications.
The 52-year-old Griffith was left with a black eye after the surgery.
The "Working Girl" star has a 12-year-old daughter with her husband, actor Antonio Banderas. Griffith also has an adult son and daughter from previous relationships.
RELATED: Follow Wonderwall on Twitter
She is set to appear on an episode of TV's "Nip/Tuck" next year.
Diane Kruger, Margot Robbie, and Lindsay Lohan all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Pink and the Kardashians take spring break early this year on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
David Beckham shares new underwear shots, and more celeb news on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez dishes on super-steamy "Boy Next Door" sex scenes, getting in shape to strip down, awkward moments on set and more.Watch Video »
Check out Taylor Swift's A-list ladies night out with BFFs Karlie Kloss, Ellie Goulding, Cara Delevingne and more on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »