Report: Hilary Swank Fires Manager Over Chechen Appearance
- Photo: Musa Sadulayev/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Musa Sadulayev/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Kika Press/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 16
- Photo: ST1/HSS/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Patrick Hoffmann/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: INB/Ivan Nikolo/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Fox Searchlight/Promotional7 of 16
- Photo: Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: John Sciulli/WireImage.com9 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com12 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com13 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com14 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP15 of 16
By Wonderwall Editors
Part of a manager's job, apparently, is to keep clients from making bad decisions.
Hilary Swank's manager and longtime friend, Jason Weinberg, failed in that capacity when he allowed the actress to appear at a birthday party for Chechnya's president, Ramzan Kadyrov, so she reportedly fired him. According to the Independent, two of her agents at CAA are expected to be let go next.
RELATED: Famous Celeb Apologies
After news surfaced of Swank's participation in feting a dictator who is believed to have tortured and murdered his political adversaries, she was slammed by human rights advocates.
"Ramzan Kadyrov is linked to a litany of horrific human rights abuses," Human Rights Watch said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter three weeks ago. "It's inappropriate for stars to get paid to party with him. It bolsters his image and legitimizes a brutal leader and his regime. And getting paid to be part of such a lavish show in Chechnya trivializes the suffering of countless victims of human rights abuses there."
Swank later apologized publicly for appearing at the event, which Seal and Jean Claude Van Damme also attended.
Best & Worst VMA
See some of the best and worst fashion from this year's nominees at previous VMAs.Watch Video »
Take a look at some of Katy Perry's most talked-about looks from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out Blake Lively and Duchess Kate's growing baby bumps on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Hudson, Michelle Williams, and Paris Hilton all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Worst Fall Trends
From Jessica Simpson to Heidi Klum, check out these A-listers and their worst fall fashion duds.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian shares pictures from her recent trip to Disneyland on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »