Report: Hilary Swank Fires Manager Over Chechen Appearance
- Photo: Musa Sadulayev/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Musa Sadulayev/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Kika Press/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 16
- Photo: ST1/HSS/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Patrick Hoffmann/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: INB/Ivan Nikolo/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Fox Searchlight/Promotional7 of 16
- Photo: Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: John Sciulli/WireImage.com9 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com12 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com13 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com14 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP15 of 16
By Wonderwall Editors
Part of a manager's job, apparently, is to keep clients from making bad decisions.
Hilary Swank's manager and longtime friend, Jason Weinberg, failed in that capacity when he allowed the actress to appear at a birthday party for Chechnya's president, Ramzan Kadyrov, so she reportedly fired him. According to the Independent, two of her agents at CAA are expected to be let go next.
RELATED: Famous Celeb Apologies
After news surfaced of Swank's participation in feting a dictator who is believed to have tortured and murdered his political adversaries, she was slammed by human rights advocates.
"Ramzan Kadyrov is linked to a litany of horrific human rights abuses," Human Rights Watch said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter three weeks ago. "It's inappropriate for stars to get paid to party with him. It bolsters his image and legitimizes a brutal leader and his regime. And getting paid to be part of such a lavish show in Chechnya trivializes the suffering of countless victims of human rights abuses there."
Swank later apologized publicly for appearing at the event, which Seal and Jean Claude Van Damme also attended.
Behind the Scenes
Kendall Jenner and more stars share the best behind-the-scenes photos from the Cannes Film Festival on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Emma Stone, Emily Blunt, and Julianne Hough's style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Blake Lively gets celery up her nose, plus more of her funniest Instagram moments on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
"#RichKids" newcomer Taylor-Ann Hasselhoff dishes about the drama on the new season and about spending QT with her dad, David Hasselhoff!Watch Video »
DIY Celeb Makeup
We show you how to get Taylor Swift's blue eye shadow look on "DIY Celeb Makeup."Watch Video »
Rumer Willis and "Dancing With the Stars" partner Val Chmerkovskiy blow off steam by making funny videos on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »