Report: Hilary Swank Fires Manager Over Chechen Appearance
- Photo: Musa Sadulayev/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Musa Sadulayev/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Kika Press/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 16
- Photo: ST1/HSS/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Patrick Hoffmann/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: INB/Ivan Nikolo/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Fox Searchlight/Promotional7 of 16
- Photo: Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: John Sciulli/WireImage.com9 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com12 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com13 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com14 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP15 of 16
By Wonderwall Editors
Part of a manager's job, apparently, is to keep clients from making bad decisions.
Hilary Swank's manager and longtime friend, Jason Weinberg, failed in that capacity when he allowed the actress to appear at a birthday party for Chechnya's president, Ramzan Kadyrov, so she reportedly fired him. According to the Independent, two of her agents at CAA are expected to be let go next.
RELATED: Famous Celeb Apologies
After news surfaced of Swank's participation in feting a dictator who is believed to have tortured and murdered his political adversaries, she was slammed by human rights advocates.
"Ramzan Kadyrov is linked to a litany of horrific human rights abuses," Human Rights Watch said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter three weeks ago. "It's inappropriate for stars to get paid to party with him. It bolsters his image and legitimizes a brutal leader and his regime. And getting paid to be part of such a lavish show in Chechnya trivializes the suffering of countless victims of human rights abuses there."
Swank later apologized publicly for appearing at the event, which Seal and Jean Claude Van Damme also attended.
Beyonce rocks a one-piece, plus more of the best celeb swimsuit moments of summer 2015 thus far on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Bellamy Young chats attachment to her "Scandal" wig, dishes on her hopes for season five and more!Watch Video »
From Taylor Swift to Diane Kruger, check out the celebs with the best summer street style!Watch Video »
Check out Diane Kruger, Elizabeth Banks, and Kendall Jenner's style statements on OMG Celeb Fashion hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Learn how you can get Jennifer Lawrence's fresh-faced glow at home on the latest episode of Wonderwall.com's DIY Celeb Makeup.Watch Video »
Jada Pinkett Smith, Amber Heard and co-stars dish on what it was like on set of "Magic Mike XXL" with Wonderwall.com's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSandra's Secret
From Crowd Ignite