Report: Hilary Swank Fires Manager Over Chechen Appearance
- Photo: Musa Sadulayev/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Musa Sadulayev/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Kika Press/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 16
- Photo: ST1/HSS/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Patrick Hoffmann/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: INB/Ivan Nikolo/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Fox Searchlight/Promotional7 of 16
- Photo: Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: John Sciulli/WireImage.com9 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com12 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com13 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com14 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP15 of 16
By Wonderwall Editors
Part of a manager's job, apparently, is to keep clients from making bad decisions.
Hilary Swank's manager and longtime friend, Jason Weinberg, failed in that capacity when he allowed the actress to appear at a birthday party for Chechnya's president, Ramzan Kadyrov, so she reportedly fired him. According to the Independent, two of her agents at CAA are expected to be let go next.
RELATED: Famous Celeb Apologies
After news surfaced of Swank's participation in feting a dictator who is believed to have tortured and murdered his political adversaries, she was slammed by human rights advocates.
"Ramzan Kadyrov is linked to a litany of horrific human rights abuses," Human Rights Watch said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter three weeks ago. "It's inappropriate for stars to get paid to party with him. It bolsters his image and legitimizes a brutal leader and his regime. And getting paid to be part of such a lavish show in Chechnya trivializes the suffering of countless victims of human rights abuses there."
Swank later apologized publicly for appearing at the event, which Seal and Jean Claude Van Damme also attended.
Worst Fashion '14
Rihanna, Lena Dunham, Jennifer Lawrence, and more celebrities mark some of 2014s worst fashion moments hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out The Rock's best Instagram videos of 2014 on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
From Taylor Swift to Jessica Simpson, check out more of the best makeover stars underwent this year.Watch Video »
Kelly Carkson introduces her baby girl on Instagram, plus more stars who debuted their newborns on social media in 2014 on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen shows off her hidden talent for magic tricks while hubby John Legend plays with his new selfie stick on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Miley Cyrus and Patrick Schwarzenegger to Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble; check out these odd celebrity couples.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTMr. Worldwide
From Crowd Ignite