Robert Downey Jr. to be a working dad
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP1 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com3 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com4 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com5 of 17
- Photo: Vinnie Zuffante/GettyImages.com6 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com7 of 17
- Photo: TKA/ZOJ/WENN8 of 17
- Photo: LAPD/Pacific Coast News9 of 17
- Photo: AB5/WENN10 of 17
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP11 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com12 of 17
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP13 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP14 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP15 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com16 of 17
By firstname.lastname@example.org (WENN Newsdesk)
Robert Downey, Jr. has no plans to take time off from movie-making when he becomes a father again next year, insisting he "can't see that happening" in the near future.
The actor's wife, Susan Downey, is pregnant with their first child, a half-sibling for the "Iron Man" star's son, Indio, from his first marriage to actress Deborah Falconer.
The baby is due in February, but with his busy schedule, Downey, 46, admits he'll be a working father for the youngster's early years.
He tells Britain's Live magazine, "It's funny. I used to say that I'd welcome a bullet to the forehead if I ever ended up as a 40-something, remarried, marketable, big-action movie dad living in a cozy cul-de-sac in suburban L.A. Now I am that guy."
RELATED: Favorite Pop Culture Dads
"It just goes to show that I usually don't know what's good for me in life. But I'm getting better at knowing that stuff. I don't need to rub against the grain nearly as much as I used to. I'm 46 now, so the countdown to my half-century has begun. I'd have to be completely deranged not to stress about that."
RELATED: Brad Pitt, Super Dad
"Life is good. With a new baby on the way, maybe I ought to think about slowing down a little. But I can't see that happening in the short term."
Get out the vote
From Taylor Swift and Harry Styles to Demi Lovato and Wilmer Valderrama; check out the celebrity couples making news this week on Replay.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian and North do their best "paparazzi face" on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Renee Zellweger to Mary-Kate Olsen, see more celebs who look much different than before.Watch Video »
Reese Witherspoon goes "Wild" on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Keira Knightley, Lindsay Lohan, and Evangeline Lilly all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get a front row view to "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1" premiere in Los Angeles.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Shot
From Crowd Ignite