Robert Downey Jr. to be a working dad
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP1 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com3 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com4 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com5 of 17
- Photo: Vinnie Zuffante/GettyImages.com6 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com7 of 17
- Photo: TKA/ZOJ/WENN8 of 17
- Photo: LAPD/Pacific Coast News9 of 17
- Photo: AB5/WENN10 of 17
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP11 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com12 of 17
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP13 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP14 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP15 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com16 of 17
By email@example.com (WENN Newsdesk)
Robert Downey, Jr. has no plans to take time off from movie-making when he becomes a father again next year, insisting he "can't see that happening" in the near future.
The actor's wife, Susan Downey, is pregnant with their first child, a half-sibling for the "Iron Man" star's son, Indio, from his first marriage to actress Deborah Falconer.
The baby is due in February, but with his busy schedule, Downey, 46, admits he'll be a working father for the youngster's early years.
He tells Britain's Live magazine, "It's funny. I used to say that I'd welcome a bullet to the forehead if I ever ended up as a 40-something, remarried, marketable, big-action movie dad living in a cozy cul-de-sac in suburban L.A. Now I am that guy."
RELATED: Favorite Pop Culture Dads
"It just goes to show that I usually don't know what's good for me in life. But I'm getting better at knowing that stuff. I don't need to rub against the grain nearly as much as I used to. I'm 46 now, so the countdown to my half-century has begun. I'd have to be completely deranged not to stress about that."
RELATED: Brad Pitt, Super Dad
"Life is good. With a new baby on the way, maybe I ought to think about slowing down a little. But I can't see that happening in the short term."
Get out the vote
The Rock rips his shirt before epic "San Andreas" premiere on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
"DWTS" champion Val Chmerkovskiy gave Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen a salsa lesson, dished on his win, that heavy mirror ball trophy, and the upcoming tour!Watch Video »
Emma Stone and Bradley Cooper get the giggles while discussing their first impressions of each other, weird encounters in Hawaii and more!Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Youtube for 90210
From Jenna Marbles to PewDiePie, find out which Youtube sensations we think should star in “Beverly Hills, 90210” if the show was cast today!Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'Best night'
From Crowd Ignite