Mickey Rourke turned down Walk of Fame star honor over dog snub
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/StarTraks3 of 16
- Photo: Nikki Nelson./WENN4 of 16
- Photo: MGM/Promotional5 of 16
- Photo: Promotional6 of 16
- Photo: WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Pacific Coast News8 of 16
- Photo: MATEI H/Bauer-Griffin9 of 16
- Photo: Granitz/Strauss/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.11 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com12 of 16
- Photo: ANG/Fame Pictures13 of 16
- Photo: ANG/Fame Pictures14 of 16
- Photo: MGM/Promotional15 of 16
Mickey Rourke turned down a Hollywood Walk of Fame star honor - because officials refused to let him add his dead dog's name to the pavement plaque.
The movie star insisted that his beloved Chihuahua Loki deserved the accolade as much as him.
He says, "They said no, so we told them to take a hike. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Loki..."
"The Wrestler" star didn't have the same problem when he planted his feet in wet cement outside Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood last week, Nov. 4, 2011 - officials at the ceremony were only too happy to let the actor scribble Loki's name in the concrete. Rourke also paid tribute to his grandmother and to his brother Joe.
He adds, "I misspelled 'grandma...' I was nervous."
Sexy Video Shoot
George's Big Day
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJoe and Sofia
From Crowd Ignite