Russell Brand Confirms He's Engaged to Katy Perry
- Photo: Fame Pictures1 of 8
- Photo: Promotional2 of 8
- Photo: Hammond / Despois/Splash News3 of 8
- Photo: Barcroft/Fame Pictures4 of 8
- Photo: Rocha/Splash News5 of 8
- Photo: TCAA/ZDS/WENN6 of 8
- Photo: WENN7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Brand, 34, is quoted in Wednesday's editions of the Britain Sun as texting, "It's true. Much love."
Perry, 25, also has suggested that she will be walking down the aisle.
Early Wednesday morning, she referenced an Alanis Morrissette lyric on her Twitter page: "So when do I start walking the streets naked singing that Alanis song?" (Morrissette's song "Ironic" includes the line: "It's like rain on your wedding day.")
She also gushed about Brand in February's Glamour: "When he was filming [the upcoming comedy] 'Get Him to the Greek,' I did a cameo with him. My scene called for me to make out with him. And on the way down the stairs after the scene, I was hopping like a bunny. I hop like a bunny when I'm happy -- I get a bit childlike."
UsMagazine.com first reported Tuesday that the pair, who've been dating since September, became betrothed recently while on holiday in Jaipur, India.
An insider tells Us that Brand popped the question with a ring, and Perry happily accepted.
The exotic trip, a Perry insider tells Us, "was his Christmas gift. She told him how much she loved Indian culture while they were eating curry in England, so he surprised her."
More on Wonderwall:
More from Us Weekly:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStork Report
From Crowd Ignite