Russell Brand to tell politicians about drug battle
- Photo: London Entertainment/Splash News1 of 17
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP2 of 17
- Photo: TrickyD/Fame Flynet3 of 17
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN4 of 17
- Photo: Gus Ruelas/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP7 of 17
- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/WENN8 of 17
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage9 of 17
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN10 of 17
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN11 of 17
- Photo: TrickyD/Fame Pictures12 of 17
- Photo: Fame Flynet13 of 17
- Photo: WENN14 of 17
- Photo: Wire Image/WENN15 of 17
- Photo: WENN16 of 17
Comedian Russell Brand is set to meet with British politicians to discuss his battle with drug addiction.
RELATED: Brand and more dudes with long hair
Brand, a former heroin addict and alcoholic, will talk about his rehab experiences and recovery when he appears at an inquiry into drug policy on Tuesday.
Members of the House of Commons' Home Affairs Select Committee will question Brand about "the nature of addiction and how it is viewed by society" as well as his upcoming documentary about drugs.
RELATED: Celebs acting goofy
Committee chairman Keith Vaz says, "Hearing from those personally affected by drugs use is essential to our inquiry.
"I welcome Russell Brand's openness about his addiction and recovery. I hope that his experiences will help us understand the nature of addiction and the impact that it has on addicts and those around them."
Penelope + North
Kim Kardashian chaperones North and Penelope as the family celebrates Mason's fifth birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Miley Cyrus and Patrick Schwarzenegger to Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble; check out these odd celebrity couples.Watch Video »
From Johnny and Amber to Donnie and Jenny, see more star couples who got engaged in 2014.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham mourns the loss of her bicycle on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHot Bod!
From Crowd Ignite