Russell Brand Offers New Explanation for Katy Perry Divorce
- Photo: Michael Buckner/WireImage1 of 27
- Photo: Masatoshi Okauchi/Rex USA2 of 27
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage3 of 27
- Photo: NGRE/GSI4 of 27
- Photo: BIAG/GSI5 of 27
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage.com6 of 27
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 27
- Photo: GUDA KAZA/GSI8 of 27
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage9 of 27
- Photo: Premiere/Fame Flynet10 of 27
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage11 of 27
- Photo: Premiere/Fame Flynet12 of 27
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN13 of 27
- Photo: HonopixFrame, PacificCoastNews.com/PacificCoastNews.com14 of 27
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks15 of 27
- Photo: Awais/PacificCoastNews.com16 of 27
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN17 of 27
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage18 of 27
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage19 of 27
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage20 of 27
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage21 of 27
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage22 of 27
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage23 of 27
- Photo: JSG/ZJE/WENN24 of 27
- Photo: NORMAN SCOTT/StarTraks25 of 27
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage26 of 27
In a new interview with Australia's "60 Minutes," Russell Brand offered up a peculiar comparison to his split from Katy Perry after their 14-month marriage.
"I think if you're a devoted tennis professional and you get married to a crystal meth addict, you might have trouble," Brand, a recovering addict, said of his marriage. "I've been in a lot of trouble."
Perry, 27, and Brand announced their split at the end of last year, and since then, the pop singer has been romantically linked to guitarist Rob Ackroyd and most recently John Mayer. Meanwhile, the funnyman, 37, has reportedly been dating actress Jordana Brewster's sister, Isabella. "Sometimes it goes well, sometimes it don't," he said. "But if you sort of sense there's an incompatibility, then in any relationship regardless of the status of the individual, it kind of is best to go separate ways."
When asked if he still believes in soul mates, the "Get Him to the Greek" star admitted, "I don't know really, because I sort of find so many different people interesting. I think if you're someone who's really into mountain biking, it would be good to go out with someone else who's into mountain biking, and if you're really into Eastern mysticism, go out with someone else who's into Eastern mysticism."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
The Rock rips his shirt before epic "San Andreas" premiere on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
"DWTS" champion Val Chmerkovskiy gave Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen a salsa lesson, dished on his win, that heavy mirror ball trophy, and the upcoming tour!Watch Video »
Emma Stone and Bradley Cooper get the giggles while discussing their first impressions of each other, weird encounters in Hawaii and more!Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Youtube for 90210
From Jenna Marbles to PewDiePie, find out which Youtube sensations we think should star in “Beverly Hills, 90210” if the show was cast today!Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXThigh praise
From Crowd Ignite