Russell Brand Offers New Explanation for Katy Perry Divorce
- Photo: Michael Buckner/WireImage1 of 27
- Photo: Masatoshi Okauchi/Rex USA2 of 27
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage3 of 27
- Photo: NGRE/GSI4 of 27
- Photo: BIAG/GSI5 of 27
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage.com6 of 27
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 27
- Photo: GUDA KAZA/GSI8 of 27
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage9 of 27
- Photo: Premiere/Fame Flynet10 of 27
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage11 of 27
- Photo: Premiere/Fame Flynet12 of 27
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN13 of 27
- Photo: HonopixFrame, PacificCoastNews.com/PacificCoastNews.com14 of 27
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks15 of 27
- Photo: Awais/PacificCoastNews.com16 of 27
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN17 of 27
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage18 of 27
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage19 of 27
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage20 of 27
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage21 of 27
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage22 of 27
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage23 of 27
- Photo: JSG/ZJE/WENN24 of 27
- Photo: NORMAN SCOTT/StarTraks25 of 27
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage26 of 27
In a new interview with Australia's "60 Minutes," Russell Brand offered up a peculiar comparison to his split from Katy Perry after their 14-month marriage.
"I think if you're a devoted tennis professional and you get married to a crystal meth addict, you might have trouble," Brand, a recovering addict, said of his marriage. "I've been in a lot of trouble."
Perry, 27, and Brand announced their split at the end of last year, and since then, the pop singer has been romantically linked to guitarist Rob Ackroyd and most recently John Mayer. Meanwhile, the funnyman, 37, has reportedly been dating actress Jordana Brewster's sister, Isabella. "Sometimes it goes well, sometimes it don't," he said. "But if you sort of sense there's an incompatibility, then in any relationship regardless of the status of the individual, it kind of is best to go separate ways."
When asked if he still believes in soul mates, the "Get Him to the Greek" star admitted, "I don't know really, because I sort of find so many different people interesting. I think if you're someone who's really into mountain biking, it would be good to go out with someone else who's into mountain biking, and if you're really into Eastern mysticism, go out with someone else who's into Eastern mysticism."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Channing Tatum, Joe Manganiello and co-stars dish on being naked and wearing thongs on the set of "Magic Mike XXL" with Wonderwall.com's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out Val Chmerkovskiy, Ian Somerhalder and more shirtless stars on Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Channing Tatum, Jada Pinkett Smith and Stephen "tWitch" Boss dish on what their spouses really think of their steamy "Magic Mike XXL" roles.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello, Matt Bomer and co-stars dish on the horrors of waxing and spray tanning for their roles in "Magic Mike XXL."Watch Video »
Get all the scoop on "The Bachelorette" on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Kate Hudson to Tyra Banks, check out these gorgeous stars sans makeup!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTsecret return?
From Crowd Ignite