Ryan O'Neal Diagnosed With Cancer
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP2 of 17
- Photo: Gary Lewis/Retna Digital3 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: Splash News5 of 17
- Photo: Ray Stubblebine/Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: Matt Rourke/Invision/AP7 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP8 of 17
- Photo: Kirkland/Retna Ltd.9 of 17
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP10 of 17
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP11 of 17
- Photo: AFF/Retna Ltd.12 of 17
- Photo: © Kiley Bishop / Retna Ltd./Retna Ltd.13 of 17
- Photo: Leslie Bennetts/Vanity Fair14 of 17
- Photo: Splash News15 of 17
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Digital16 of 17
Nearly three years after losing his longtime partner Farrah Fawcett to cancer, Ryan O'Neal reveals he has recently been diagnosed with a strain of the disease.
RELATED: Celeb Breast Cancer Survivors
"Recently I was diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer," O'Neal tells People in a statement.
"Although I was shocked and stunned by the news, I feel fortunate that it was detected early and according to my extraordinary team of doctors the prognosis is positive for a full recovery, I am deeply grateful for the support of my friends and family during this time, and I urge everyone to get regular check-ups, as early detection is the best defense against this horrible disease that has afflicted so many."
O'Neal, 70, was diagnosed and treated once before for leukemia, a disease he was able to overcome in the late nineties.
Related from ET:
DIY Celeb Makeup
Learn how to recreate Emmy Rossum's fresh-faced look on Wonderwall.com's DIY Celeb Makeup.Watch Video »
From the once seemingly aloof bachelor to the now ever-adoring husband, check out George Clooney's transformation.Watch Video »
Best & Worst VMA
See some of the best and worst fashion from this year's nominees at previous VMAs.Watch Video »
Find out how Duchess Kate and Prince William are coping with little sleep on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
"#RichKids" newcomer Taylor-Ann Hasselhoff dishes about the drama on the new season and about spending QT with her dad, David Hasselhoff!Watch Video »
Behind the Scenes
Kendall Jenner and more stars share the best behind-the-scenes photos from the Cannes Film Festival on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTMovie Makeover
From Crowd Ignite