Sarah Jessica Parker: My feet are deformed from years of wearing high heels
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP1 of 11
- Photo: Rex USA2 of 11
- Photo: WENN3 of 11
- Photo: WENN4 of 11
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage5 of 11
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks7 of 11
- Photo: MIKE DISCIULLO/EROTEME.CO.UK/Bauer-Griffin8 of 11
- Photo: JMF/WENN9 of 11
- Photo: Tony Clark/WENN10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Heels-loving Kim Kardashian may want to listen to what Sarah Jessica Parker has to say about stilettos. In the latest issue of Net-a-Porter's online magazine, the "Sex and the City" star, who made Manolo Blahnik a household name, says she's trading in her heels for sneaks these days -- on doctor's orders.
"For 10 or so years, I literally ran in heels. I worked 18-hour days and never took them off. I wore beautiful shoes, some better made than others, and never complained," the actress, 47, told the magazine.
After twisting her ankle on the set of "I Don't Know How She Does It," in which she wore less expensive shoes to be true to her working-mom character, she says, "I went to a foot doctor and he said, 'Your foot does things it shouldn't be able to do. That bone there. ... You've created that bone. It doesn't belong there.' The moral of the story is, the chickens are coming home to roost. It's sad, because my feet took me all over the world, but eventually they were like, 'You know what, we are really tired, can you just stop -- and don't put cheap shoes on us?'"
The couture-addicted actress still wears heels to fancy events, but with three kids to run after (James Wilkie, 10, and twin girls Marion and Tabitha, 3), downtime is spent largely in more comfortable footwear -- probably to her fashion-loving girls' chagrin. "The emotions run so much higher," Parker says of her daughters. "The arguing about clothes? I am stunned. We have a whole fashion system to try and override the fighting.”
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite