Scarlett Johansson Denies Rift With Mom Over Money
- Photo: Alberto E. Rodriguez/WireImage1 of 17
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 17
- Photo: J. Vespa/WireImage3 of 17
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage5 of 17
- Photo: Antonio Calanni/Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage7 of 17
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP8 of 17
- Photo: Dave Allocca/Invision/AP9 of 17
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage10 of 17
- Photo: WireImage11 of 17
- Photo: HRC/WENN12 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage13 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage14 of 17
- Photo: Fotonoticias/WireImage15 of 17
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage16 of 17
Things are just fine with Scarlett Johansson and her mom Melanie Sloan, thank you very much.
Over the weekend, the New York Post reported that Johansson's former "momager," Sloan, 60, had fallen upon hard times financially. Two months after signing a contract to purchase a posh two-bedroom apartment in midtown New York for $1.4 million, Sloan filed court papers for the return of her $130,000 deposit.
Sloan told the court she was "cash poor" and could not obtain a mortgage. She was the longtime manager for her movie-star daughter, now 27, until they parted ways professionally two years ago, when the "We Bought a Zoo" actress hired a professional manager.
"Once I got married [to Ryan Reynolds], I felt that I needed to cut the cord," Johansson told Vanity Fair of the decision.
But that professional parting -- and Sloan's current struggle to make ends meet -- hasn't soured the mother-daughter bond, Johansson told Page Six in a statement Wednesday.
"Scarlett and Melanie are as close as they have ever been" Johansson's rep said. "They are incredibly proud of the solid and productive professional partnership they had through the many years they worked together. Their personal relationship is solid and loving."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Wonderwall.com goes behind the scenes at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Stars chat with Wonderwall.com on the red carpet at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »