Scarlett Johansson, Jared Leto Hold Hands at Democratic National Convention
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN1 of 28
- Photo: WireImage2 of 28
- Photo: Wonderwall3 of 28
- Photo: MSF/ZOJ/WENN4 of 28
- Photo: Andy Butterton/WireImage5 of 28
- Photo: Jeff Daly/WENN6 of 28
- Photo: PH3/HSS/WENN7 of 28
- Photo: MWB/BSB/ZOJ/WENN8 of 28
- Photo: Buzzpaps/Fame Flynet9 of 28
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 28
- Photo: KRISTIN CALLAHAN/Bauer-Griffin11 of 28
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage12 of 28
- Photo: RICHARD LEWIS/Invision/AP13 of 28
- Photo: Fotonoticias/WireImage14 of 28
- Photo: ABFR/GSI15 of 28
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage16 of 28
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital17 of 28
- Photo: Erik Kabik/Retna Digital18 of 28
- Photo: Scott Kirklan/Retna Digital19 of 28
- Photo: SGP/Fame Flynet20 of 28
- Photo: SGP/Fame Flynet21 of 28
- Photo: SGP/Fame Flynet22 of 28
- Photo: SGP/Fame Flynet23 of 28
- Photo: SGP/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet24 of 28
- Photo: CODA/GSI25 of 28
- Photo: Zillow/.26 of 28
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP27 of 28
Well, it was a pretty emotional night, right?
Scarlett Johansson was among the celebrity speakers to precede President Barack Obama's rousing address Thursday night at the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, N.C. And while the actress stuck to the issues (specifically empowering the youth vote) at the podium, cameras revealed an unexpected man at her side in the stands: Jared Leto. Photos at E! show Johansson, 27, holding hands with actor-singer Leto, 40, a rumored fling from her past.
In other pics of the pair, Johansson leaned on his shoulder, gabbed animatedly, and took a few casual self-portraits at the momentous event.
But a rep for the "We Bought a Zoo" actress told E! there's nothing to the stunning twosome's affectionate outing.
"Scarlett is still dating Nate [Naylor]," her rep said. "This is very innocent. Scarlett and Jared have remained friends, nothing more, nothing less. Let's concentrate on the DNC and her speech, which is exponentially more important."
Johansson (who divorced Ryan Reynolds in late 2010 and dated Sean Penn in early 2011) and New York ad exec Naylor have been dating for nearly a year. They took a romantic vacation to Paris last month.
“In 2008, less than half of all eligible voters between the ages of 18 and 24 voted," Johansson said during her Thursday speech. "Young America, why are we only speaking with half our voice when so many issues at stake here directly affect us? You know who I'm voting for. I'm not going to tell you who to vote for. I'm here to ask you to commit to vote."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Scarlett Johansson, Jared Leto Hold Hands at Democratic National Convention
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Penelope + North
Kim Kardashian chaperones North and Penelope as the family celebrates Mason's fifth birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Miley Cyrus and Patrick Schwarzenegger to Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble; check out these odd celebrity couples.Watch Video »
From Brad and Angelina to George and Amal, get the scoop on Hollywood's two biggest weddings of the year.Watch Video »
The stars of "Annie" chat on-set anxieties, serenade Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer with their favorite tunes from the soundtrack and more!Watch Video »
Style Moments '14
From Kerry Washington to Emma Watson, check out the biggest style moments of 2014.Watch Video »
From Johnny and Amber to Donnie and Jenny, see more star couples who got engaged in 2014.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTMysterious Bey
From Crowd Ignite