Scarlett Johansson, Jared Leto Hold Hands at Democratic National Convention
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN1 of 28
- Photo: WireImage2 of 28
- Photo: Wonderwall3 of 28
- Photo: MSF/ZOJ/WENN4 of 28
- Photo: Andy Butterton/WireImage5 of 28
- Photo: Jeff Daly/WENN6 of 28
- Photo: PH3/HSS/WENN7 of 28
- Photo: MWB/BSB/ZOJ/WENN8 of 28
- Photo: Buzzpaps/Fame Flynet9 of 28
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 28
- Photo: KRISTIN CALLAHAN/Bauer-Griffin11 of 28
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage12 of 28
- Photo: RICHARD LEWIS/Invision/AP13 of 28
- Photo: Fotonoticias/WireImage14 of 28
- Photo: ABFR/GSI15 of 28
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage16 of 28
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital17 of 28
- Photo: Erik Kabik/Retna Digital18 of 28
- Photo: Scott Kirklan/Retna Digital19 of 28
- Photo: SGP/Fame Flynet20 of 28
- Photo: SGP/Fame Flynet21 of 28
- Photo: SGP/Fame Flynet22 of 28
- Photo: SGP/Fame Flynet23 of 28
- Photo: SGP/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet24 of 28
- Photo: CODA/GSI25 of 28
- Photo: Zillow/.26 of 28
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP27 of 28
Well, it was a pretty emotional night, right?
Scarlett Johansson was among the celebrity speakers to precede President Barack Obama's rousing address Thursday night at the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, N.C. And while the actress stuck to the issues (specifically empowering the youth vote) at the podium, cameras revealed an unexpected man at her side in the stands: Jared Leto. Photos at E! show Johansson, 27, holding hands with actor-singer Leto, 40, a rumored fling from her past.
In other pics of the pair, Johansson leaned on his shoulder, gabbed animatedly, and took a few casual self-portraits at the momentous event.
But a rep for the "We Bought a Zoo" actress told E! there's nothing to the stunning twosome's affectionate outing.
"Scarlett is still dating Nate [Naylor]," her rep said. "This is very innocent. Scarlett and Jared have remained friends, nothing more, nothing less. Let's concentrate on the DNC and her speech, which is exponentially more important."
Johansson (who divorced Ryan Reynolds in late 2010 and dated Sean Penn in early 2011) and New York ad exec Naylor have been dating for nearly a year. They took a romantic vacation to Paris last month.
“In 2008, less than half of all eligible voters between the ages of 18 and 24 voted," Johansson said during her Thursday speech. "Young America, why are we only speaking with half our voice when so many issues at stake here directly affect us? You know who I'm voting for. I'm not going to tell you who to vote for. I'm here to ask you to commit to vote."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Scarlett Johansson, Jared Leto Hold Hands at Democratic National Convention
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Wonderwall.com goes behind the scenes at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Stars chat with Wonderwall.com on the red carpet at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »