Scarlett Johansson: Marrying Ryan Reynolds Was 'the Best Thing I Ever Did'
- Photo: Promotional1 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: STICKMAN/Bauer-Griffin3 of 16
- Photo: New Line cinema; AP/Promotional4 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Tim McLean/Bauer-Griffin6 of 16
- Photo: Tim Mclean/Bauer-Griffin7 of 16
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital8 of 16
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com9 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/VF11/WireImage.com10 of 16
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com11 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com12 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/VF11/WireImage.com14 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP15 of 16
In fact, the actress told Cosmopolitan's January issue that saying "I do" to Reynolds was "the best thing I ever did."
"I'm a big believer that when something feels right, you should do it," she told the magazine. "I'm a big believer in instinct. Getting married was the right thing to do because it was natural. It grew out of a romance and love and a desire to have a future with somebody, and I was very fortunate that I married somebody who turned out to be the person I thought he would be."
The "Avengers" star, 27, told Cosmopolitan she misses "having a partner and a confidant."
"Relationships are complicated," she mused. "Being married is a living, breathing process. I think I was not fully aware of the peaks and the valleys. I wasn't prepared to hunker down and do the work ... Both of us were extremely busy. We spent so much time apart. It's very difficult."
Since the couple's split in 2010, Reynolds, 35, has moved on with Blake Lively. Johansson had a five-month romance with Sean Penn, 51, that ended in June.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Zoe's Cute Family
Check out Zoe Saldana and husband Marco Perego's cutest family moments!Watch Video »
From the once seemingly aloof bachelor to the now ever-adoring husband, check out George Clooney's transformation.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Chrissy Teigen cries over cheese, plus more of her funniest Instagram moments.Watch Video »