Scarlett Johansson: Marrying Ryan Reynolds Was 'the Best Thing I Ever Did'
- Photo: Promotional1 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: STICKMAN/Bauer-Griffin3 of 16
- Photo: New Line cinema; AP/Promotional4 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Tim McLean/Bauer-Griffin6 of 16
- Photo: Tim Mclean/Bauer-Griffin7 of 16
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital8 of 16
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com9 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/VF11/WireImage.com10 of 16
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com11 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com12 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/VF11/WireImage.com14 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP15 of 16
In fact, the actress told Cosmopolitan's January issue that saying "I do" to Reynolds was "the best thing I ever did."
"I'm a big believer that when something feels right, you should do it," she told the magazine. "I'm a big believer in instinct. Getting married was the right thing to do because it was natural. It grew out of a romance and love and a desire to have a future with somebody, and I was very fortunate that I married somebody who turned out to be the person I thought he would be."
The "Avengers" star, 27, told Cosmopolitan she misses "having a partner and a confidant."
"Relationships are complicated," she mused. "Being married is a living, breathing process. I think I was not fully aware of the peaks and the valleys. I wasn't prepared to hunker down and do the work ... Both of us were extremely busy. We spent so much time apart. It's very difficult."
Since the couple's split in 2010, Reynolds, 35, has moved on with Blake Lively. Johansson had a five-month romance with Sean Penn, 51, that ended in June.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Blake Lively's fashionable pregnancy style.Watch Video »
Check out Kristen Stewart's best red carpet ensembles from over the years.Watch Video »
Madonna and her daughter Lourdes dish on their new line for Macys.Watch Video »
From Taylor Swift and Harry Styles to Demi Lovato and Wilmer Valderrama; check out the celebrity couples making news this week on Replay.Watch Video »
Check out Ian Somerhalder and Nikki Reed's cutest Instagram moments on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Reese Witherspoon goes "Wild" on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFeathered Frocks
From Crowd Ignite