Shailene Woodley to chop long locks for charity
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News1 of 20
- Photo: Kyle Rover/StarTraks2 of 20
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 20
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 20
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 20
- Photo: EGAF/Getty Images North America6 of 20
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 20
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage8 of 20
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage9 of 20
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 20
- Photo: @Miles_Teller/Twitter11 of 20
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP12 of 20
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images North America13 of 20
- Photo: Jack Dempsey/Invision/AP14 of 20
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP15 of 20
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage16 of 20
- Photo: Sara Jaye Weiss/StarTraks17 of 20
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage18 of 20
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage19 of 20
Shailene Woodley will soon undergo a drastic makeover for her new film "The Fault in Our Stars," based on the best-selling novel about two teenagers fighting cancer, and in keeping with the subject matter of the book, the actress has decided to donate her signature locks to a charity benefiting kids who've lost their hair.
The novel's author, John Green,
announced the news via his Tumblr blog, telling readers about Shailene's donation and encouraging others to follow in the star's footsteps.
Shailene Woodley is cutting her hair this weekend to prepare for her role as Hazel in 'The Fault in Our Stars' movie. And she's donating her hair to Children with Hair Loss, an organization that provides free wigs to kids who've experienced hair loss due to cancer, burns, or other medical conditions.
When Shailene told me about this, I immediately thought there might be people in nerdfighteria who want to join her. (We already have one convert joining in: Shailene's mom!) So if you have eight or more inches of spare hair, consider donating it to Children with Hair Loss.
And if you do, let me know via the tags hairforhazel or itgrowsback, so I can put together some pictures/reblog your beautiful faces.
I want to be clear that this was entirely Shai's idea. (I don't even think the studio knows about it.) I hope if you're able, you'll consider joining Shai in donating. Thanks!
(ALSO: huge thanks to Wyck and Isaac, the guys producing the movie, for taking time away from, like, movie producing to sort through the very complex world of hair donations.)
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Afraid of Bangs?
Rachel McAdams dishes on her 'About Time' makeunder, the hairstyle she's too afraid to rock in real life and more!Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian talks to ET about her new life with Kanye West and their new home they bought together.Watch Video »
Check out the Kardashians' best swimsuit moments during their family vacation in St. Barths on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Did Olivia Wilde, Kate Winslet, and Scarlett Johansson stun in the fashion department this week? Watch OMG Celeb Fashion to find out!Watch Video »
OMG Celeb Fashion
Check out Jennifer Lawrence, January Jones, and Miley Cyrus' style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »