Shaq's wife files for divorce
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage.com1 of 5
- Photo: RD / Peachey/Retna Digital2 of 5
- Photo: Invision/AP3 of 5
- Photo: Paul Beaty/Invision/AP4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Basketball icon Shaquille O'Neal has lost the fight to save his marriage - his wife Shaunie has filed for a legal separation, two years after the sportsman first started divorce proceedings.
O'Neal split from his spouse in September 2007 and accused Shaunie of being secretive about her assets.
In his divorce petition, he said, "The marriage ... is irretrievably broken."
The couple reunited in August 2008 and vowed to work through its problems, but the star's attempts have failed to impress Shaunie and she filed new papers in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Monday.
RELATED: Follow Wonderwall on Twitter
According to TMZ.com, Shaunie has moved her and their four young kids out of their shared home in Florida and relocated to California.
She is seeking spousal and child support as well as legal and physical custody of their children. They also have a kid each from previous relationships.
The couple would have celebrated its seventh wedding anniversary next month.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGet Well Soon
From Crowd Ignite