Shia LaBeouf: I Dropped Acid for Movie Role Research
- Photo: Earl Gibson III/WireImage1 of 13
- Photo: Girlie/Fame Flynet2 of 13
- Photo: Hall/Pena/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 13
- Photo: XL Recordings Ltd/.4 of 13
- Photo: Ian Wilson/WENN5 of 13
- Photo: GIA/WENN6 of 13
- Photo: KVS/Pacific Coast News7 of 13
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP8 of 13
- Photo: EM43/Splash News9 of 13
- Photo: Dave Allocca/Invision/AP10 of 13
- Photo: Maya Hitij/Invision/AP11 of 13
- Photo: DZILLA/EROTEME.CO.UK/Bauer-Griffin12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Shia LaBeouf is so committed to his craft, he's willing to do whatever it takes -- drink, do drugs, have sex -- in order to deliver as realistic a performance as possible.
For example: to prep for a scene in the upcoming "The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman," the former Disney star, 26, says he took LSD in order to better relate to his character, who trips on acid during the Mob-focused flick.
"There's a way to do an acid trip like "Harold & Kumar,"and there's a way to be on acid," the outspoken thespian opined to USA Today. "What I know of acting, Sean Penn actually strapped up to that [electric] chair in 'Dead Man Walking.' Those are the guys that I look up to." (His Lawless director, John Hillcoat says although LaBeouf's strategies don't technically qualify as "Method," they are "Method-like.")
LaBeouf took his technique so seriously while filming "Lawless," a movie which takes place during Prohibition, that he imbibed as much moonshine as he could. (He later admitted his co-star and on-screen love interest, Mia Wasikowska, was so appalled by his drunken behavior she tried to quit the project.)
The "Transformers" actor also recently boasted he'll be having real sex on camera for Lars von Trier's new film, "Nymphomaniac."
"There's a disclaimer at the top of the script that basically says, 'We're doing it for real,'" he explained to MTV. "Anything that is 'illegal' will be shot in blurred images. But other than that, everything is happening . . . It's going to be a wild movie, man. It's going to be a wild movie."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStork Report
From Crowd Ignite