Sienna Miller admits 'brief encounter' with Daniel Craig
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 22
- Photo: PF1/WENN2 of 22
- Photo: PF1/WENN3 of 22
- Photo: Jon furniss/Invision/AP4 of 22
- Photo: Wonderwall5 of 22
- Photo: Nils Jorgensen/Rex USA6 of 22
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage7 of 22
- Photo: Richard Young/Rex USA8 of 22
- Photo: Columbia Pictures/Promotional9 of 22
- Photo: MaxNY/Spartano//Fame Flynet10 of 22
- Photo: Rex Features/StarTraks11 of 22
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage12 of 22
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.13 of 22
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks14 of 22
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks15 of 22
- Photo: CIAO/GSI16 of 22
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP17 of 22
- Photo: Brian Flannery/Fame Flynet18 of 22
- Photo: ANDREW MEDICHINI/Invision/AP19 of 22
- Photo: Fame Flynet20 of 22
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN21 of 22
RELATED: Celebrity sex tape scandals
The actress took time out from shooting a movie in the U.S. on Friday to testify in the phone-hacking trial 4,600 miles away in London.
She gave evidence via videolink from a base in New Orleans where she is currently filming scenes for new drama "Mississippi Grind."
The court heard earlier this week that the now-defunct British tabloid News of the World had exposed an alleged affair between Miller and Craig -- co-stars in the 2004 movie "Layer Cake -- after illegally intercepting a voicemail message from the actress to the 007 star in which she said, "I love you."
Miller, who has already accepted a $160,000 compensation payout from tabloid bosses over the hacking scandal, told the court on Friday that she was close friends with Craig and it was "likely" she had left him the message.
RELATED: Shocking celebrity sex confessions
She insisted she ends many calls to pals by saying "I love you," but when pushed during cross-examination over the nature of their relationship, she admitted they had been "briefly involved" adding, "It was a very brief encounter -- he was my best friend."
Miller also expressed her frustration that the story of her relationship with Craig has been "allowed out of the courtroom" and turned into a "titillating bit of info."
Several former high-ranking members of the News of the World's staff, including ex-editors Andy Coulson and Rebekah Brooks, are on trial in London over the phone-hacking scandal. They deny all the charges.
RELATED: Shocking social media confessions
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »