Sienna Miller admits 'brief encounter' with Daniel Craig
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 22
- Photo: PF1/WENN2 of 22
- Photo: PF1/WENN3 of 22
- Photo: Jon furniss/Invision/AP4 of 22
- Photo: Wonderwall5 of 22
- Photo: Nils Jorgensen/Rex USA6 of 22
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage7 of 22
- Photo: Richard Young/Rex USA8 of 22
- Photo: Columbia Pictures/Promotional9 of 22
- Photo: MaxNY/Spartano//Fame Flynet10 of 22
- Photo: Rex Features/StarTraks11 of 22
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage12 of 22
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.13 of 22
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks14 of 22
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks15 of 22
- Photo: CIAO/GSI16 of 22
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP17 of 22
- Photo: Brian Flannery/Fame Flynet18 of 22
- Photo: ANDREW MEDICHINI/Invision/AP19 of 22
- Photo: Fame Flynet20 of 22
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN21 of 22
RELATED: Celebrity sex tape scandals
The actress took time out from shooting a movie in the U.S. on Friday to testify in the phone-hacking trial 4,600 miles away in London.
She gave evidence via videolink from a base in New Orleans where she is currently filming scenes for new drama "Mississippi Grind."
The court heard earlier this week that the now-defunct British tabloid News of the World had exposed an alleged affair between Miller and Craig -- co-stars in the 2004 movie "Layer Cake -- after illegally intercepting a voicemail message from the actress to the 007 star in which she said, "I love you."
Miller, who has already accepted a $160,000 compensation payout from tabloid bosses over the hacking scandal, told the court on Friday that she was close friends with Craig and it was "likely" she had left him the message.
RELATED: Shocking celebrity sex confessions
She insisted she ends many calls to pals by saying "I love you," but when pushed during cross-examination over the nature of their relationship, she admitted they had been "briefly involved" adding, "It was a very brief encounter -- he was my best friend."
Miller also expressed her frustration that the story of her relationship with Craig has been "allowed out of the courtroom" and turned into a "titillating bit of info."
Several former high-ranking members of the News of the World's staff, including ex-editors Andy Coulson and Rebekah Brooks, are on trial in London over the phone-hacking scandal. They deny all the charges.
RELATED: Shocking social media confessions
Naomi Watts dishes on the secret to staying in touch with her inner child and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
DIY Celeb Makeup
Tune into our first episode of "DIY Celeb Makeup" as we show you how to recreate Blake Lively's peachy glow.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Behati Prinsloo to Kim Kardashian, check out the celebrities who've found themselves in compromising positions.Watch Video »
See how Angelina Jolie's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
See how Taylor Swift has been rocking red over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite