Simon Monjack Cancels Brittany Murphy Foundation Launch
- Photo: Max Nash/Invision/AP1 of 11
- Photo: Dimitri Halkidis/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: DH1/WENN3 of 11
- Photo: Dimitri Halkidis/WENN4 of 11
- Photo: Jody Cortes/WENN5 of 11
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News6 of 11
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP7 of 11
- Photo: Z.Tomaszewski/WENN8 of 11
- Photo: HG1/WENN9 of 11
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Simon Monjack, husband of the late Brittany Murphy, has canceled an event celebrating the actress' life.
On Tuesday, UsMagazine.com reported that Monjack was suggesting dollar amounts of $1,000 per individual and $10,000 from corporations to attend a Feb. 4 launch party for the Brittany Murphy Foundation, which is dedicated to arts education for children.
But a source tells Us that on Tuesday afternoon, Monjack had an assistant call all of the guests who had RSVP'd to tell them the event has been canceled indefinitely because he has pneumonia.
A source tells Us, "He probably realized that everyone thought what he was doing was so tacky, so he decided to cancel."
Murphy was found dead on Dec. 20 at the age of 32. The results of the toxicology report to determine the cause of her death are pending.
More on Wonderwall:
More from Us Weekly:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite