Simon Monjack Cancels Brittany Murphy Foundation Launch
- Photo: Max Nash/Invision/AP1 of 11
- Photo: Dimitri Halkidis/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: DH1/WENN3 of 11
- Photo: Dimitri Halkidis/WENN4 of 11
- Photo: Jody Cortes/WENN5 of 11
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News6 of 11
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP7 of 11
- Photo: Z.Tomaszewski/WENN8 of 11
- Photo: HG1/WENN9 of 11
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP10 of 11
Simon Monjack, husband of the late Brittany Murphy, has canceled an event celebrating the actress' life.
On Tuesday, UsMagazine.com reported that Monjack was suggesting dollar amounts of $1,000 per individual and $10,000 from corporations to attend a Feb. 4 launch party for the Brittany Murphy Foundation, which is dedicated to arts education for children.
But a source tells Us that on Tuesday afternoon, Monjack had an assistant call all of the guests who had RSVP'd to tell them the event has been canceled indefinitely because he has pneumonia.
A source tells Us, "He probably realized that everyone thought what he was doing was so tacky, so he decided to cancel."
Murphy was found dead on Dec. 20 at the age of 32. The results of the toxicology report to determine the cause of her death are pending.
More on Wonderwall:
More from Us Weekly:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCool Costumes
From Crowd Ignite