Stephen Baldwin Sues Costner's Lawyer Over Oil Device Deal
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage1 of 17
- Photo: Nector Marmolejos/WENN.com/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: DCA/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: Aaron Crisler/Retna Ltd.4 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: WENN6 of 17
- Photo: CNN/WENN7 of 17
- Photo: Ibanez/Pictorica/NPG8 of 17
- Photo: Fame Flynet9 of 17
- Photo: Marcus Brandt/ddp/Invision/AP10 of 17
- Photo: Parade11 of 17
- Photo: Georgios Kefalas/Invision/AP12 of 17
- Photo: Schultz-Coulon/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: Charley Gallay/Getty Images North America14 of 17
- Photo: Warner Bros.15 of 17
- Photo: Ray Garbo/WENN16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Stephen Baldwin and his business partner are again suing Kevin Costner's lawyer with cheating them out of a lucrative deal with oil company BP.
Baldwin and Spyridon Contogouris have already lost a legal battle with Costner over the sale of their shares in an oil filter device that could have made them multi-millionaires.
They claimed Costner and his Ocean Therapy Solutions partners cheated them by hiding details about a deal made with BP following the Gulf Coast oil spill in 2010.
BP bosses made an $18 million advance payment for 32 devices developed by Costner's company in an effort to be better prepared for another oil leak disaster, and Baldwin claimed he should have been told about the potential agreement before selling his shares in the company.
Baldwin lost the battle, but now he's demanding a new trial because of excluded evidence, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The actor and his partner have filed a $10 million lawsuit, alleging that Costner's attorney, Daniel Grigsby, demonstrated professional negligence and breached fiduciary duties by concealing details about the BP deal as he was drafting the buyout agreements for Baldwin and Contogouris.
Baldwin and Contogouris allege they were led to believe that there was no deal on the horizon, and therefore the buyout agreement that was drafted by Grigsby was a "sham."
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWedding Pics
From Crowd Ignite