Susan Sarandon Reveals Her Love Affair With David Bowie: "He's Worth Idolizing"
- Photo: Peter Kramer/AP/Eric Charbonneau for Warner Bros/Invision/AP1 of 7
- Photo: Juan Rico/Fame Flynet2 of 7
- Photo: WENN3 of 7
- Photo: Andy Kropa/Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: Rob Kim/Retna Digital5 of 7
- Photo: Ivan Niko/WENN6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Scandalous, Susan! Susan Sarandon revealed in a recent interview that she's had a couple of "famous, pretty interesting" romantic partners, including the legendary David Bowie.
"In terms of hooking up with movie stars, I got married really young, which knocked out most of my 20s to be f---ing around," Sarandon, 67, told The Daily Beast on Thursday, July 24. She noted, however, that "there have been a couple of famous, pretty interesting ones. One rock star [Bowie], and another actor [identity remains unknown]. But I'm pretty much a nester and tend to be monogamous."
Sarandon's love affair with Bowie took place around the time the two co-starred in the 1983 horror film "The Hunger." "That was a really interesting period," Sarandon said. "I wasn't supposed to have kids, and I'm the oldest of nine and had mothered all of them, so I wasn’t ever in a mode to where I was looking to settle down and raise a family, so that definitely changes the gene pool you’re dipping into."
Their affair took place several years after Sarandon's divorce from her first husband, college sweetheart Chris Sarandon, in 1979. She later went on to date director Franco Amurri (with whom she had a daughter Eva), and eventually coupled up with actor Tim Robbins -- the father of her two sons, Miles and Jack, and partner of 23 years until their 2009 split.
Bowie, on his end, married Iman in 1992. The rocker, 67, lives in NYC and has a daughter with the former supermodel. While he and Sarandon went their separate ways, the actress still has a high regard for his character.
"Yeah. He's worth idolizing. He's extraordinary," she gushed of the musician. "Bowie's just a really interesting person, and so bright. He's a talent, and a painter, and… he's great."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite