Taylor Lautner, Lily Collins Split One Week Before 'Abduction' Premiere
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com1 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com2 of 15
- Photo: JD3/WENN3 of 15
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage.com4 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 15
- Photo: Invision/AP6 of 15
- Photo: DENIS POROY/Invision/AP7 of 15
- Photo: Norman Jean Roy/Vanity Fair8 of 15
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP9 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com10 of 15
- Photo: Matt Symons/ James Breeden/PacificCoastNews.com11 of 15
- Photo: Splash News12 of 15
- Photo: Kimberley French/Promotional13 of 15
- Photo: Sultana/Splash News14 of 15
Maybe Lily Collins' dad Phil Collins can console her with one of his classic ballads?
The actress, 22, has split with her "Abduction" costar Taylor Lautner, a source confirms to Us Weekly. "It was a clean break that Taylor initiated," the source says, explaining that the split actually occurred one week before the action film's red carpet premiere and after party in L.A. Sept. 15.
"At the 'Abduction' party, it was awkward," the source admits. "They barely said a word to one another."
The duo were steadfastly quiet about their real-life romance, although Lautner told Seventeen magazine that they hit it off immediately.
"You can feel some sort of chemistry or a connection when you are reading a script with someone for the first time," Lautner said. "And that was totally the case with Lily."
Now, says the source, Lautner "wants to be single for a while ... so he can properly move on."
Lautner's most famous ex is perhaps Taylor Swift, his "Valentine's Day" costar, whom he dated for three months in late 2009.
Tell Us: Who should Lautner date next?
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Wonderwall.com goes behind the scenes at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Stars chat with Wonderwall.com on the red carpet at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »