Terrence Howard: I Never Threatened to Kill My Wife
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com1 of 20
- Photo: ANG/Fame Pictures2 of 20
- Photo: .3 of 20
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage4 of 20
- Photo: NPA/WENN5 of 20
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP6 of 20
- Photo: Gregory Smith/Invision/AP7 of 20
- Photo: Retna Digital8 of 20
- Photo: Asadorian-Mejia/Splash News9 of 20
- Photo: RD / DiMaio/Retna Digital10 of 20
- Photo: Retna Digital11 of 20
- Photo: Donato Sardella/WireImage12 of 20
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP13 of 20
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP14 of 20
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com15 of 20
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com16 of 20
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com17 of 20
- Photo: David Goldman/Invision/AP18 of 20
- Photo: Terrence Jennings/Retna Ltd.19 of 20
Nine months after Michelle Ghent filed for divorce from Terrence Howard, the commercial production employee filed a restraining order against the Oscar nominated actor Tuesday.
In court documents obtained by TMZ, Ghent alleged Howard began physically abusing her just seven days into their marriage. She claims Howard "slugged me across my face and neck" at one point and threatened to throw her over a balcony.
Ghent says the abuse continued throughout their one-year union, with Howard smacking her in the face and chipping her tooth with his wedding ring. He also reportedly told her, "If you tell anyone about my personal business, I will kill you and no one will ever know."
Howard, 42, quickly filed legal papers denying that he ever threatened the life of his estranged wife. He also claims Ghent is planning to "release private materials to third parties for her own personal financial gain" unless she received monetary compensation.
The two kept their marriage a secret for four months until the Cannes Film Festival in May 2010. Howard has three kids with ex-wife, Lori McCommas, whom he wed in 1989, divorced, then married again in 2005.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Salma Hayek's most wonderfully wacky Instagram posts on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Takes on Tinder!
Find out all about Hilary's experience with the dating app on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Do blondes or brunettes have more fun? Reese Witherspoon and Sofia Vergara dish at the Los Angeles premiere of "Hot Pursuit."Watch Video »
Watch this trailer for Cameron Diaz's and Jason Segel's new movie "Bad Teacher."Watch Video »
Brooke Shields: 'Skanky' on 'The Middle'
Brooke Shields goes trashy -- sporting a mullet, a tattoo, a cold sore and drinking beer -- but...Watch Video »
From Elsa Pataky to Ginnifer Goodwin, see some of Hollywood's new baby bumps on Wonderwall Replay.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTRoyal Romance
From Crowd Ignite